Design Process Thinking
The design process is a series of steps that enhance decision-making. It provides a simple, flexible framework that transforms the way you see problems. It allows you to understand the cause of the problem, find and assess the right data, analyse possibilities and apply solutions.
This hands-on course will introduce you to each step of the process. By the end, you’ll have the skills and confidence to apply rational, evidence-based thinking to any problem in your life. That is the power of design process thinking.
- Defining the Question
- Researching data
- Imagining solutions
- Designing solutions
- Experimenting with solutions
- Case Study: This Course
- Where to from here?
- Describe the design process as a process that enhances decision making;
- Define each step of the design process model;
- Explain the importance of each step in the design process model and how they support each other;
- Apply and analyse techniques such as 5WH questioning to defining a problem;
- List potential sources of information for the design process;
- Research a given topic and summarise the results;
- Identify strategies to ensure idea generation techniques are properly used;
- Develop and analyse solutions to a given problem;
- Identify an appropriate approach for assessing a solution.