There’s a great example of the design process in action at viget.com: a robot that cleans whiteboards. Have a read through the article, then return here to answer these questions.
- The design process they use seems different. They talk about things like brainstorming and prototyping. How different is it?
- How does the author describe the design process (or as he describes it, engineering design)? Explain what the author means in your own words.
- How successful were they at solving the problem?
Whenever you encounter a question like this in this course, it means I want you to do the following:
- Post your answers in the comments below.
- Read what other people answered and compare them to your answer. Is there anything you can learn from these differences?
- Read the discussion on the next page.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Defining the problem
Module 3: Researching the data
Module 4: Imagining possibilities
Module 5: Designing the solution
Module 6: Experimenting
Module 7: Case study: This Course
Module 8: Where to from here?